Danville… State Representative Mike Marron (R-Fithian) is working to educate local business owners on how they can submit their information to the State of Illinois to be used in Governor Pritzker’s application for federal disaster relief financing through the U.S. Small Business Administration.
“Since last week I have been updating my COVID-19 page on my website: https://repmarron.com/covid-19/. This page provides links to all relevant government websites and contains updated press releases and guidance on how business owners and the public can access critical information and resources,” said Rep. Marron.
The U.S. Small Business Administration is offering designated states and territories low-interest federal disaster loans to provide working capital to small businesses suffering substantial economic injury as a result of the coronavirus (COVID-19).
As a part of the process, the State of Illinois is working to collect information from small businesses that are negatively impacted. The information will assist the federal and state government as decisions are made regarding an economic injury disaster declaration from SBA.
Rep. Marron said, “It is critically important for every small business owner effected by this outbreak to follow the link to this form and provide the necessary information from your small business, which will be received by the State of Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity and then shared with the Governor’s office and sent to the SBA.”
“My office has been working non-stop trying to coordinate with all branches of government, various state agencies, and local business owners to provide the best information for everyone. Our goal this week is to make sure we get the word out to business owners and have them fill out the correct information so they can find relief,” said Rep. Marron.
- The state has launched website to provide the latest news releases related to COVID-19, video archives of press conferences and tips from leading experts: coronavirus.illinois.gov
- COVID-19 unemployment benefits through the Illinois Department of Employment Security (IDES): https://www2.illinois.gov/ides/Pages/COVID-19-and-Unemployment-Benefits.aspx
- IDPH COVID-19 homepage: http://www.dph.illinois.gov/topics-services/diseases-and-conditions/diseases-a-z-list/coronavirus
- IDPH guidance for schools: http://www.dph.illinois.gov/topics-services/diseases-and-conditions/diseases-a-z-list/coronavirus/schools-guidance
- IDPH COVID-19 FAQ: http://www.dph.illinois.gov/topics-services/diseases-and-conditions/diseases-a-z-list/coronavirus/faq
- IDPH COVID-19 daily briefings and documents: http://www.dph.illinois.gov/topics-services/diseases-and-conditions/diseases-a-z-list/coronavirus/media-publications/daily-press-briefings
Rep. Marron said, “My office, like most, is experiencing a very high volume of communications from concerned residents. Nevertheless, if we work to together and keep residents informed, we will get through this difficult period. Keep following my website and social media for updated information.”